I have always had a fascination with China and the Chinese people and culture. Most of my exposure had been from what I learned in school and the movies, sad to say. I wished and still do long to visit one day and take in the sights and sounds of this great nation.
It came much to my surprise to learn that Chinese were just as curious about the United States as I was about China. I've decided to create a small bridge; a window if it were for those curious about the US and I hope in my journey, I will learn more about the China and her people.
Here in the US, I am a married 45yr old with 4 kids; 3 girls and 1 boy; two in the universities and two at home. We live in a nice house and in a nice neighborhood. I work as a manager in a store and my wife has a job as customer service representative. Life is good; I'm thankful.
I grew up in Boston, Massachusetts and have since moved. I remember my many visits to the downtown section of the city. Just a short walk away from the rows of department store and shops was Boston's Chinatown. Here is one could get authentic Chinese food and hear the language spoken and experience true Chinese culture from those who have staked out a living here.
I hope I will find more fond memories as I delve deeper with this blog.


No comments:
Post a Comment